- 8-month contract with possible extension
- Large government organisation
- Based on the Detailed Design, Data Migration Technical Specs and Functional Specs for each release, and with guidance from the Data Lead; develop data reconciliation plans and reconciliation reports for SIT,UAT, and cut-over.
- Assist in the verification and enhancement (as necessary) of requirements produced through the detailed design process particularly from data migration perspective
- Develop comprehensive Business Reconciliation Plans, Reconciliation Reports using SQL queries based on relevant requirements with a strong focus on the business data reconciliation.
- Raise defects as required and actively be involved in the defect management process.
- Support and mentor junior data analysts on data reconciliation activities with focus on mappings which are not one-to-one.
- Provide input to the development of overall data reconciliation processes and artefacts.
- Facilitating the Business Data Reconciliation, including seeking endorsements for Business Data Reconciliation Plans, executing plans and reporting results and managing the business representatives.
Mandatory Skills and Competencies
- A high level of understanding or experience of data migration staging and ETL processes
- Demonstrated experience in a role requiring liaising with the business representatives/subject matter experts, understanding of business processes and developing source and target reconciliation reports to enable business to reconcile migrated data
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with performing Data Validations and Data Reconciliations
- Ability to understand and deconstruct complex data structures to determine a desired and efficient business focused outcome
- Experience in working on large scale ICT projects, in particular major business transformational change projects involving system development and integration of multiple commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions
- Experience in working on systems with multiple internal and external interfaces
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing business data reconciliation plans and reconciliation summary reports.
- Experience in working closely with business representatives and business analysts to seek clarity on requirements and define test scenarios
- Experience in conducting workshops with business and technical audience
- Ability to liaise and maintain a professional relationship with technical staff, internal customers, program teams and the vendor team
- Enthusiastic problem solver with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A team player – able to function without close supervision and mentor less technical personnel constructively
Highly Desirable Skills and Competencies
- Prior experience building and using SQL queries to source data for source and target reconciliation reports
- Experience in using ALM and Microsoft Team Foundation Server or similar test management tools for test cases and defect management
- Exposure to SAP migration projects
- Experience with Public Housing Data.
Tender closes on 25 March 2019. Statement of suitability to be completed on 22 March 2019.
Please send your CV in Word format to email@example.com.
Nitha Coetzer | 0499 006 165