Change Manager (557)
- 11 month contract with possible extension
- Sunshine Coast (Britinya / Nambour)
The SCHHS Digital Hospital Program has received approval to implement the ieMR Digital Release and Medications Release following the recent successful deployments at the Princess Alexandra Hospital (PAH) and Cairns Hospital.
Your opportunity is to take responsibility for organisational change associated with the deployment of the ieMR build of Cerner Millennium to all clinical areas across both SCUH and NGH by leading and supporting multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix management delivery structure. You will report to the Digital Hospital Program Director and work directly with the Program’s Clinical Lead.
To achieve success in this role, you will need to use your previous Electronic Medical Record (EMR) implementation knowledge and skills to:
- Establish and maintain a robust stakeholder engagement and communications framework ensuring the distributed stakeholder management practices enable efficient identification of cross-functional risks/opportunities, rapid resolution and/or escalation of risks/opportunities and clear communications to all SCHHS workers.
- Lead and manage the organisational change for all clinical areas by supporting the Project Managers who are responsible for localising and deploying key Cerner Millennium modules to their assigned clinical areas with a key focus on clinical transformation and training.
- Lead the organisational change according to an agreed scope of work, approved budget and agreed timelines, providing appropriate levels of project governance and reporting.
- Act as the key point of contact for the Project Managers who are responsible for particular clinical areas on all project management control activities including managing the organisational change stream for the program across multiple sub-project schedules, risks, issues, changes and dependencies ensuring a high degree of project management rigour and program cohesion in a fast-paced environment.
- Actively contribute and form part of the Digital Hospital Program leadership team for SCHHS to ensure a highly successful implementation of the ieMR Digital and Medications Releases of the Cerner Millennium suite such that outcomes are achieved, requirements met and anticipated business benefits are delivered to the SCHHS.
Using your prior Electronic Medical Record (EMR) implementation knowledge, skills and experience, your role is to:
- Lead and manage business change activities within a large scale EMR Program, including business change management, benefits realisation, communications, stakeholder engagement, super-user network management and training.
- Lead, manage, identify, plan and develop business change management and training deliverables and resources required to ensure the successful implementation and adoption of the EMR Program which meets business needs.
- Provide leadership, direction, monitoring and support to the SCHHS in ensuring staff are prepared and trained in relation to the Digital Hospital Release.
- Support the Training Manager to determine and develop training initiatives to meet the needs of end users and evaluate training programs to ensure desired learning outcomes are met.
- Ensure strategic alignment to the realisation of business benefits by establishing baseline measures and metrics that are able to be monitored throughout the project lifecycle and post implementation.
- Initiate, influence and strengthen effective relationships with project leaders and senior management stakeholders, facilitate effective communication channels to promote the successful adoption of change within the business, and foster relationships through lessons learned, feedback mechanisms and management of expectations.
- Instil strong and supportive ownership, leadership and sponsorship through the use of effective communication channels to promote the successful adoption of change within the business.
- Prepare and deliver high impact, timely and well researched advice, briefings, communications and media related for the Digital Hospital Program.
- Support the successful completion of large scale, complex projects (of largely pre-configured Cerner Millennium modules) in line with Queensland Health project management methodologies and state-wide ieMR Program localisation guidelines.
- Manage assigned resources to maximise their productivity in a matrix-managed environment with constrained resources, competing priorities and fixed deadlines.
- Inspire, lead and mentor a multi-disciplinary team to bring certainty to the delivery of a successful Digital Hospital Program.
- Deliver above and beyond the expectations of the SCHHS executive by delivering all tasks and responsibilities as requested by line management; and more.
- Work a minimum of 8 hours a day between 7am and 7pm. Be flexible with your working hours (including evenings and weekends) to ensure critical project deliverables and milestones are met.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with Queensland Public Service Values.
- Previous project and organisational change management experience on successful ElectronicMedical Record (EMR) Implementation projects.
- Experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of training plans and deliverables in complex ICT project(s).
- Experience in using and implementing Change management methodologies.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team of project managers and other project staff to deliver organisational change in a matrix-managed environment with constrained resources, competing priorities and fixed deadlines.
- A strong understanding of Configurable-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Systems and hardware implementation challenges in a 24 x 7 hospital environment.
- This position will be required to work throughout the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service.
- Weekend and out of hours work is a requirement of this role.
- A Queensland ‘C’ class driving licence.
While not mandatory, the following are highly desirable:
- Cerner Millennium suite exposure and/or implementation experience
- EMR implementation experience within an Australian hospital setting
- Formal qualifications in Project/Program Management, ICT, Organisational Change and/or Healthcare.
Applications close Thursday, 2 November 2017. Selection criteria to be completed by 1 November 2017.
Please send your CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Janet Streczynski 0428 444 776