- 3-month initial contract
- Large government organisation
The Network Design and Implementation Engineer will participate in a series of significant and complex ICT projects in support of new and emerging technologies within NIP (Network Implementation Projects) Team. The engineer will also ensure the successful implementation and completion of project deliverables for the agency.
- Efficient analysis of current state networking implementations across sites varying in size from small (single user) to very large (thousands of users);
- Modification of current state as-built design materials to reflect a desired ‘to-be’ state in line with newly updated network design standards and equipment types;
- Development of bill of materials to guide a third party vendor in building of network equipment for shipment to sites and subsequent installation;
- Development of ‘soft’ network equipment configurations in line with the desired ‘to-be’ state for staging by third party vendors or for remote deployment via Element Management Systems;
- Development of detailed implementation plans and test cases where necessary to inform the required steps to cutover efficiently with minimum disruption to business operations;
- Active participation in on-site cutovers of network equipment replacing obsolete network equipment;
- Provision of remote support and trouble-shooting for site cutovers where required;
- Update of network design materials where necessary to reflect final ‘as-built’ configurations (post implementation);
- Development and test of new network-related deployment ‘capabilities’ if required;
- Record-keeping to ensures an accurate register of high value assets and their whereabouts can be maintained;
- Staging and testing of equipment to specification where required;
- Update of Enigma records pertaining to site infrastructure where required.
- Experienced in the programming and deployment of multi-vendor networking equipment (routers and switches);
- Demonstrated proficiency in some or all of the following the switching and routing protocols and related technologies:
– OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VRF, VRF-lite, VLAN
– Quality of Service,
– Spanning Tree,
– EtherChannel (LACP), VRRP, HSRP
- Strong problem-solving skills in relation to the resolution of network-related technical issues especially when under pressure;
- Able to work effectively with third party vendors (equipment manufacturers, integrators) in the delivery of project outcomes.
- Demonstrates adherence to a significant number of the highly desirable requirements outline above;
- Understands the scale of the task as described.
- Remains focussed to deliver agreed outcomes quickly and efficiently with minimal supervision and under pressure.
- Maintains a quality outlook at all times reflected in both work output and attitude.
- Understands the work environment and contributes to the development of plans, strategies and team goals.
- Identifies broader influences that may impact on the team’s work objectives.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the implications of issues for own work and work area.
- Values specialist expertise and capitalises on the knowledge and skills of others within the organisation.
- Contributes own expertise to achieve outcomes for the business unit.
- Experience with Juniper, Cisco and H3C (HP) networking equipment (MAN and WAN routers and switches);
- Minimum of 3 years ‘hands-on’ experience in a network design and implementation role within an operationally complex organisation preferably sustaining the delivery of mission-critical or public safety services;
- Minimum of CCNA or vendor equivalent network design proficiency; a degree level qualification in Information Technology is also highly regarded;
- Experienced in the operation of Network Element or Network Management Systems (Junos Space, Enigma);
- Design and implementation of site MAN and WAN connectivity using Telstra, Optus and dark fibre services;
- Provisioning of LAN Access Control (802.1X, MAB) from both a design and implementation (roll-out) context;
- Knowledge of Service Levels and Service Level Agreements as applied to critical network infrastructure;
- Handover of network-related project materials into operational support environments;
- Previous experience in large scale ICT Projects and Programs; preferably involving multiple Government Agencies;
- Experience in delivery and co-ordination of projects with large numbers of client sites;
- Meticulous record keeping to develop and maintain an accurate register of assets and their whereabouts;
- Change management experience particularly in an ITIL environment;
- High-level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Visio.
Tender closes on 8 June 2018. Statement of Suitability to be completed by cob 7th June 2018.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Janet Streczynski | 0428 444 776