- Initial 3-month contract with extension
- Brisbane CBD
- Large government organisation
- Efficient analysis of current state networking implementations across sites varying in size from small (single user) to very large (thousands of users)
- Modification of current state as-built design materials to reflect a desired ‘to-be’ state in line with newly updated network design standards and equipment types
- Development of bill of materials to guide a third party vendor in the building of network equipment for shipment to sites and subsequent installation
- Development of ‘soft’ network equipment configurations in line with the desired ‘to-be’ state for staging by third-party vendors or for remote deployment via Element Management Systems
- Development of detailed implementation plans and test cases where necessary to inform the required steps to cutover efficiently with minimum disruption to business operations
- Active participation in on-site cutovers of network equipment replacing obsolete network equipment
- Provision of remote support and troubleshooting for site cutovers where required
- Update of network design materials where necessary to reflect final ‘as-built’ configurations (post-implementation)
- Development and test of new network-related deployment ‘capabilities’ if required
- Record-keeping to ensures an accurate register of high-value assets and their whereabouts can be maintained
- Staging and testing of equipment to specification where required
- Update of Enigma records pertaining to site infrastructure where required.
- Experienced in the programming and deployment of multi-vendor networking equipment (routers and switches)Demonstrated proficiency in some or all of the following the switching and routing protocols and related technologies:
– OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VRF, VRF-lite, VLAN
– Quality of Service,
– Spanning Tree,
– EtherChannel (LACP), VRRP, HSRPS
- Strong problem-solving skills in relation to the resolution of network-related technical issues especially when under pressure
- Able to work effectively with third party vendors (equipment manufacturers, integrators) in the delivery of project outcomes.
- Experience with Juniper, Cisco and H3C (HP) networking equipment (MAN and WAN routers and switches)
- Minimum of 3 years ‘hands-on’ experience in a network design and implementation role within an operationally complex organisation preferably sustaining the delivery of mission-critical or public safety services
- Minimum of CCNA or vendor equivalent network design proficiency; a degree level qualification in Information Technology is also highly regarded
- Experienced in the operation of Network Element or Network Management Systems (Junos Space, Enigma)
- Design and implementation of site MAN and WAN connectivity using Telstra, Optus and dark fibre services
- Provisioning of LAN Access Control (802.1X, MAB) from both a design and implementation (roll-out) context
- Knowledge of Service Levels and Service Level Agreements as applied to critical network infrastructure
- Handover of network-related project materials into operational support environments
- Previous experience in large scale ICT Projects and Programs; preferably involving multiple Government Agencies
- Experience in delivery and co-ordination of projects with large numbers of client sites
- Meticulous record keeping to develop and maintain an accurate register of assets and their whereabouts
- Change management experience particularly in an ITIL environment
- High-level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Visio.
Tender closes on 2 July 2018. Selection Criteria to be completed by cob 29th June 2018.
Please send your CV in Word format to email@example.com.
Janet Streczynski | 0428 444 776