- 5-month contract with extensions
- A large project of works
- 6 August start date
The Manager – Network Operations is an integral role and is required to manage the network operations centre and the staff within. It is responsible and accountable for the network availability and its performance across the entire state of Queensland on a 24×7 basis, covering some 1 500 sites.
Your part in the ongoing success of our business, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including:
- Lead and manage a team of network specialists in the Network Support functions for the provision of pro-active network and ancillary services support, network management, and network security including:
2nd and 3rd level support of complex shared MPLS WAN, MAN, and LAN environments;
knowledge of various network management tools and associated systems;
management of real-time event and performance reporting systems, and;
provision of quality assurance and network performance testing.
- Provide strong leadership and management of a team of upwards of thirteen junior staff ensuring they are adequately trained and perform optimally in their day-to-day roles.
- Be the escalation point, responsible for positive outcomes of the operational effectiveness of the Management Centre.
- Effectively manage suppliers in context to their operational obligations in the delivery of Managment Centre services to the customer agencies.
- Engage and effectively communicate with a broad range of customers and stakeholders, at all levels, regarding operational functions.
- As a senior manager within the Management Centre, you will be required to contribute and part-take in the ongoing service improvement outcomes within the Managment Centre as an active member of the Management team.
- Ensure compliance with established IT Service Management and business processes for the agency services, including identifying opportunities for improved procedures and outcomes and generating creative solutions to enhance organisational effectiveness.
- Provide advice, consultancy and guidance to management and client groups on Network Operations related issues.
- Demonstrate effective workplace communication and interpersonal management.
You will be required to:
- Represent the Managment Centre at functions, meetings or workshops within State Government, and Industry.
- Be at the forefront of emerging advancements within Operations Management forums, and
- bringing ideas, and plans of action into the Managment Centre Senior Management Team.
- Improve customer satisfaction levels through actions and outcomes from this team.
- There may be some requirement to work outside of ‘normal business’ hours.
- There are no mandatory requirements or qualifications required for4 this role, but the following is necessary.
- Previous experience in large scale ICT operational environments
- An excellent understanding of, and extensive experience with:
- Managing contemporary large and complex networks
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Knowledge and experience with:
- Strong customer/stakeholder engagement
- Resource prioritisation
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL Service Operation & ISO 20000-1
- IT accreditations and certification
- Organisational change management experience
Please send your CV in Word format to email@example.com.
Nitha Coetzer | 0499 006 165