- 5-month contract
- Large Government Agency
- Brisbane CBD
As a whole-of-government Principal Business Analyst you will:
- Identify and engage with state-wide government and partnership stakeholders to gather and formalise their requirements, program objectives and benefits, particularly with regards to business intelligence and analytics platforms and services.
- Perform expert analysis activities across government departments and with partner agencies using appropriate modelling, analysis techniques, tools and standards to deliver successful business outcomes, and analytics and data sharing outcomes for Queensland Government.
- Assist in defining, scoping and planning cross-government and public/private sector Queensland data, information and analytics projects to meet clients’ business requirements.
- Provide strategic advice on the impacts of changes to the program of work.
- Run workshops and manage the outcomes from these workshops.
- Log, monitor and conduct acceptance testing of business requirements and change requests.
- Engineer processes to maximise the efficiency of people, data, process and technology elements of an organisation.
Your suitability for this role will be assessed against how you;
- Can critically analyse and evaluate business requirements and recommend a range of solutions to high level Executives.
- Demonstrate experience and take responsibility for investigative works, identifying stakeholders, applying modelling, analysis tools methods and standards to determine benefits, risks, options, business requirements and business processes; particularly within the sphere of business intelligence and data analytics endeavours.
- Demonstrate extensive experience in BI Development throughout the whole lifecycle (Business requirements identification, Data analysis, Data architecture and modelling, Data integration (ETL, ELT, data virtualisation, etc), Front-end development and Testing and release management.
- Demonstrate an ability to work to agreed priorities, outcomes, time constraints and assign resources to successfully develop business solutions.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with team members, vendors, stakeholders and clients.
- Utilise high level oral and written communication skills including a demonstrated ability to negotiate and liaise with influence.
A statement of Suitability will need to be completed. Closing date 18 March 2019.
Please apply with your CV in Word format and suitable candidates will be contacted.