- 6-month contract
- Large government organisation
- Develop and implement security measures to protect the organisation’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems, applications and data.
- Manage and maintain the organisation’s ICT gateway security services including departmental firewalls, antivirus, internet and email proxy services and content filtering, intrusion prevention system, and DMZ environment.
- Conduct security risk assessments to identify internal and external threats to the organisation’s ICT and develop processes to address these.
- Provide advice to internal and external clients on ICT security issues within the organisation.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and implementation of ICT security policies and practices within the organisation.
- Promote security awareness in line with industry best practice and departmental policies.
- Support the Manager in the development and review of business proposals and projects from an operational security perspective.
- Conduct gap analyses of the organisation’s ICT security and implement strategies to address any areas of concern identified.
- Experience in information technology with a clear understanding of the challenges of network security
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security risks
- Good team skills to contribute to the development of security solutions in collaboration with other information security professionals
- Manage and configure Firewall – Checkpoint , Cisco ASA
- Email content filter configuration and management Clearswift Secure Email Gateway, IronPort Email Security
- Web content filter configuration and management – BlueCoat ProxySG, IronPort Web Security
- Intrusion Detection/ Prevention configuration and management – Checkpoint
- Two Factor authentication management – RSA Authentication Manager
- Design of Perimeter/ DMZ Solutions
- Public Key Infrastructure management -Microsoft Certificate Services Managed PKI systems – Verisign/ GlobalSign
- Security and managing server platforms – Windows Server 2008/2012
- Configuration and management of Application Delivery Controllers – F5 LTM, APM, ASM
- Anti-Virus configuration and management – Sophos, Microsoft SCEP
- Management of VPN and Remote Access Systems – Microsoft Direct Access, Citrix Netscaler
- Aware of evolving security measures and controls and have the ability to implement these in organisations.
- Communication skills to ensure effective coordination within the team and across clients stakeholders
- Skilled in security analysis, defences and countermeasures at each stage of the software development cycle to develop robust and reliable software. Additionally, you should be able to identify and resolve any gaps in security during software implementation.
Please send your CV in Word format to email@example.com.
Nitha Coetzer | 0499 006 165