- 12-month contract
- Large government organisation
- Own the solution design and delivery process across the Program. Ensure fit for purpose solutions, including alignment with the organisation’s vision for the program and broader requirements, including but not limited to enterprise architectural guidance
- Participate as an active member of the Program Leadership Team, contributing to strategic decision making
- Engage closely with executive stakeholders across the organisation to ensure understanding of the program’s Solution
- Oversee the solution delivery of the application partner and its subcontractor and internal delivery partners to ensure a quality program Solution delivery
- Lead the technical team of 5-7 solutions specialists, architects, technical analysts providing leadership across all solution layers
- Work with the Program Delivery Manager, Senior Project Managers, OCM Manager, Stakeholder Engagement Specialist and Test Manager to ensure customer needs and required functionality are defined early in the development cycle, including documenting requirements, trade-off analysis proceeding with design synthesis and system validation
- Ensure that the Program has an agreed, published and working solution design and delivery process, with associated integration and change control solution elements, as well as design approval processes, across delivery and work streams / packages
- Constrain design and solution options based on funding and schedule requirements and ensure any supplier work meets expectations
- Identify and manage solution design based program/project dependencies and ensure effective integration between business, information, application and technology elements of solutions
- Ensure documents dealing with elements of design e.g. sourcing papers, integration diagrams, master test strategies, are executable, auditable and traceable to specific requirements and design decisions
- Take proactive steps to identify and minimise solution design and delivery related issues, risks and costs whilst optimising benefits.
- ICT or related degree with a minimum of ten years of professional experience in a comparable role undertaking complex ICT projects and providing ICT solution design services that align with organisational objectives and business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written and presentational with broad experience and evidence of each. Ability to present complex ideas to technical and non – technical audiences.
- Experience in leading a solutions team or technology professionals.
- Demonstrated vendor management experience.
- Experience in identifying technical issues, thinking laterally and applying analytical skills to develop appropriate options for resolution.
- Significant knowledge of ICT-related government legislation, policies, procedures and system and a thorough understanding and experience with modern technologies and environments.
- Strong team player and ability to work well with others.
- Background or understanding of the health industry is highly recommended.
- Demonstrated solution leadership in complex and high risk programs/projects, with a proven record of achieving successful and effective solution design outcomes that are aligned with organisational objectives within a large, complex and distributed service delivery organisation, preferably citing IM/ICT/system integration project examples.
- Proven people leadership ability to develop and motivate technical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver within a complex program/project environment, including the ability to plan, manage and deliver work packages and products.
- Demonstrated highly-developed consultation, facilitation and written and oral communication skills, with the proven ability to develop positive, effective working and strategic relationships and partnerships with a wide variety of senior internal and external stakeholders in an overall environment of change.
Tender closes on 31 May 2018. Statement of suitability to be completed by cob 30th May 2018.
Please provide your CV in Word format
Janet Streczynski | 0428 444 776