- Permanent or Contract role
- Brisbane CBD
- Flexible Hours
Our client is a small, Brisbane based managed services provider, with solid clients in government and the private sector. They are ideally looking for a Level 1/2 systems engineer with experience in networking. This role will suit an engineer who has about 2 years experience and is looking for an opportunity to expand their experience.
The responsibilities include business as usual, project work and on-site client visits. Ideally, you would want to advance your career to the next level and there are opportunities to assist you.
- Provide business-as-usual support for our client’s infrastructure
- Monitor trouble-ticket queues, and manage resolution of raised tickets in a timely manner
- Use a combination of technologies to deliver services both on-site and remotely to our clients
- Participate in regular client communication to provide ongoing advice, recommendations and status of open tickets
- Report on daily responsibilities, activities and tasks
- Document processes and application instructions
- Generate innovative ideas.
- Engage in technical level discussions around enterprise solutions
- Conduct technical whiteboard sessions to evaluate and make recommendations is a must
- Translate a customer’s technical requirements to a solution including mapping from “as is” to “to be” state.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Degree, and at least 2 years experience.
- Capable of delivering formal and informal training to both technical and non-technical users;
- Possesses deep industry knowledge
- Knowledge of additional enterprise stack components such as:
- Cisco/Meraki networking and routing
- Storage (both NAS and SAN)
- Backup technologies (on-premise and cloud)
- Cisco/Sophos Firewalls
- End-Point Protection Products (EG Sophos EPP, Webroot EPP)
- End-Point Mobile Management products (EG VMWare AirWatch, Microsoft Intune+EMS, Meraki Systems Manager)
- PowerShell and/or other scripting languages
- Possesses good interpersonal skills; analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills; and organisational and planning skills.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or Expert (MCSA or MCSE))
- Microsoft Cloud Professional (MCP)
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
- AWS Solutions Architect
Please send your CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nitha Coetzer | 0499 006 165